The company was established on 1st January 1937 by the so called C.U.F. Group when it took over the Rocha Shiprepair Yard concession situated on the North bank of the Tagus estuary at Lisbon. In September 1961 the company adopted the name Lisnave - Estaleiros Navais de Lisboa when the company expanded on the South bank of the Tagus where a new yard - Margueira, was built, with facilities to accommodate the largest vessels being built .
In 1973 Setenave (Estaleiros Navais de Setúbal) was built at Mitrena in Setúbal to cope with increased demand, both for ship repairing and shipbuilding. In mid 1997 a restructuring plan was implemented to meet the forecast ship repair and conversion needs in the next century. This restructuring was completed at the end of 2000, following the general upgrading of the existing yard and the construction of 3 additional Panamax size Drydocks. All activities are now concentrated in Mitrena.
|Type||Name||Length [m]||Width [m]||Draft [m]||Lifting capacity [t]||Max crane SWL [t]||Num. Cranes|
2910-738 Setúbal, Portugal
+ 351 265 799 100
+ 351 265719 319